Hip Hip Hooray!
The mini banana cupcakes with cacao buttercream are dedicated to Eve’s first birthday! Thank you so much little princess for being you – you enrich every single day in my life! ❤
For her birthday I wanted to do something special to show her my endless love – not only buying nice presents but doing something more personal. So why not creating a recipe just for her? Two months ago I started this – in my point of view “big project” because I never really baked neither did I ever made muffins or cupcakes.
So I went through a lot of failure, experiencing different ingredients, measurements, cooking tools and oven temperatures. But at the end I created the mini banana cupcakes with cacao buttercream which I am really proud of! I hope you’ll enjoy them as much as I do!
SERVES: 4 TOTAL TIME: 1 Hour
For the dough:
- 140g butter
- 125g white sugar
- 160g all purpose flour
- 1 Tablespoon baking powder
- 2 eggs
- 200g bananas, mashed
- 1/2 lemon, pressed
For the buttercream:
- 310g icing sugar
- 40g cacao powder (I use Nesquick)
- 150g butter
- 60ml milk
- Preheat the oven to 210°C. Line a 24 hole muffin tin with paper cupcake cases.
- Put the butter and sugar in a big bowl using a handheld electric whisk and whisk until creamy. Add the eggs. Sift in the flour then beat until light and creamy.
- Divide the dough evenly between the paper cases using a teaspoon.
- Bake for about 12 minutes. When finished put them out of the form to cool.
- Wait until the form isn’t that hot any more and repeat the whole procedure.
- In the meantime you can start preparing everything for the buttercream. Whisk together all ingredients and spoon the buttercream into a piping bag fitted with a large star nozzle, then swirl it on top of the cupcakes. Sprinkle with sugar hearts.
- Be sure that the buttercream is thick enough and the cupcakes are already cold otherwise everything will melt – I made my own experiences on that…
- Enjoy immediately or refrigerate.
HOPE YOU’RE HAVING FUN WITH THIS RECIPE!!!