Love at first BITE : Burrata Cheese & me ❤
Since I tasted burrata for the first time I have an obsession with this cheese! It is one of my favorite foods and I really want to eat it with everything!
I just love it when you open it with a fork and the cream slowly runs out. With the warm mushrooms & vine tomatoes in a bed of arugula it is a delicious mix – every bite you take is so yummy!
Most of the people would compare the taste of burrata cheese with mozzarella – only burrata is more tasteful and creamy. Normally you can find this cheese in every good sorted organic food store – if not use mozzarella instead for this recipe.
YIELD: SERVES 2 TOTAL TIME: 35 MINUTES
- 1 burrata cheese
- 200 g arugula
- 200 g white mushrooms, finely sliced
- 3 Tablespoons olive oil
- 1-2 Tablespoons black balsamic vinegar
- 3 garlic cloves, pressed
- 1/2 teaspoon thyme
- 2 tomato branches
- black salt and pepper to taste
- 2 Tablespoons white balsamic vinegar
- 6 Tablespoons olive oil
- 2 teaspoons brown sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon basil
- salt and pepper to taste
- Start with the dressing and combine all ingredients in a glass and mix well – set aside so the flavors can combine.
- Wash and cut the white mushrooms in slices. Add the oil in the pan and fry the white mushrooms until they shrink. Then add garlic, thyme and the black balsamic vinegar and stir until all mushrooms get a brown color. Set aside.
- In the meantime preheat the oven to 160°C and wash the tomato branches and put them for 5-10 minutes into the oven until tender.
- In the meantime you can prepare everything on a nice plate – first the arugula and in the middle of the plate place the burrata – the centerpiece of the recipe. I use a big spoon to arrange the mushrooms on the plate. Then add the warm vine tomatoes and pour over the dressing.