I love salads – I can eat salads on a daily base – what I actually do – and therefore I vary my culinary salad sauces.
Today I want to introduce you to my plum vinaigrette – which is now perfect to serve because “it’s plum season”. In Austria plum season started at the end of July and lasts till October, depending on the weather. Those sweet little, purple fruits are almost perfect for anything – sweet and sour, the variations are endless.
You can use my perfect plum vinaigrette immediately and pour over a salad or just put it in a jar with a lid and refrigerate for up to three days.
- 2 plums, halved, pitted and chopped
- 1 small shallot, peeled and sliced
- 2 teaspoons brown sugar
- 5 Tablespoons black balsamic vinegar
- 3 sprigs of purple basil plus extra for decoration
- a pinch of freshly grated salt and pepper
- 9 Tablespoons olive oil
- Add all ingredients in a food processor – despite the olive oil – and blend till everything is smooth.
- Add the olive oil and mix till the oil emulsifies with the other ingredients.