Maternity leave passed quickly and I am back at work – but something didn’t change: My permanent appetite! So I created my perfect little snack for the office: Vegan & raw COCONUT SNOWBALLS!
These energy boosters are so quick and easy to make – you can eat them right away. But I would recommend to refrigerate for at least an hour to make them firmer.
In Austria we are really lucky – we can choose our length of maternity leave. Eve turned 16 month and is already going to kindergarten – she loves it and nothing makes me more happy than seeing her happy! Now a completely new chapter starts: working mom. I am looking forward to my new challenges and also to the social aspect of my job and how I manage to balance family and work. My biggest aim is to be present when I am with my baby and present when I am at my desk.
SERVES: 15 coconut snowballs TOTAL TIME: 10-15 minutes
- 60g ground almonds
- 60g + 10g (for rolling) shredded coconut
- 120g white almond puree
- 40g algave syrup
- a pinch of salt
- In a medium sized bowl combine all ingredients and mix, using a fork. Then knead with your hands until you can form the balls.
- Clean your hands with cold water.
- Using a tablespoon you can divide the mixture into equally sized snowballs. Take one tablespoon of the mixture into your wet hands – then squeeze them a little and start rolling. (Personally I always roll three Snowballs and make my hands wet again so the mixture doesn’t stick to my hands.)
- Coat them with shredded coconut and place into small paper cups.